Monday, January 22

A IS FOR ...

Welcome to my new blog. This is an idea that I've been playing with for a while, and here's a chance to give it a run for the money.

So let's get this started. I figured I'd hook you right off the mark, because, face it, sometimes my choices might get a bit weird and off-the-wall for the average music lover.

The featured artist of my first post is none other than:

Amazing Aerosmith



Steve Tyler and Joe Perry formed a power trio, along with Tom Hamilton on bass, somewhere around 1970 in New Hampshire, but soon moved to Boston. They went on to be one of the most influential bands to the hard rock sound for over two decades.

Their music was blues-styled rock that was at first labelled by critics as punk, because of it's peeled-back simplicity. Perhaps the best part of their music, though, is the lyrics, which are never as straightforward as they first seem. Look for jokes, word-play and metaphor.

Must-have albums include "Get Your Wings" (1974), "Toys In The Attic" (1975), "Rocks" (1976) and "Pump" (1989).

Even though the band underwent some personnel changes and rough patches in their almost 40-year career, they still have one of the most amazing track records of any band for consistency and creativity.

Here's my alltime favorite Aerosmith song for a listen:


3 comments:

Anndi said...

Nice to have you among us in the bloggosphere! Thanks for stopping by.

Great song pick...Off to a bang!

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Thanks for stopping by.

Oh how I love Aerosmith. I saw them in Memphis, TN back in the late 80's and oh lord what an experience.

Anonymous said...

Ok! Because I love to make people happy and because you like comments I am here . . . leaving a comment. A simple suggestion actually. I love your first post, I am a Boston guy. Boo woo for the Pats. Ok, I'm off topic. My suggestion, give us something unique, new, something we may not know about the artist(s). Learning is a great value add to blogging. It keeps us coming back. My two cents. Good luck and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!